Mary Lou O'Kennedy
Mary Lou is a professional and trusted mediator and conflict management spexcialist. Over the past 14 years she has mediated in employment, commercial and family disputes and delivered extensie conflict management and resilience training and coaching throughout the private and public sector in Ireland and Europe. Her desire to provide practical tools and strategies that get results has led her to train in a number of complimentary approaches and is:
MaryLou O Kennedy, Director at OAK
- A certified user of the R@W Resilience at Work suite of assessment tools, Australia
- A certified user of the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) with the Centre for Conflict Dynamics, Eckerd College, Florida
- A master trainer with the Institute for Workplace Dynamics, Paris
- A certified trainer with the Mediation Training Institute, Eckerd College, Florida
- A certified user, mentor and master trainer with Cinergy Coaching, Toronto, Canada
- A certified Civil and Commercial Mediation and Family Mediation by FriaryLaw, Dublin
- A certified Community and Workplace Mediation, by Athena Mediation, Dublin
- A lecturer on the HETAC Level 8 Certificate in Mediation with Griffith College Law School
- A practitioner member of the Mediators, Institute of Ireland
Mary Lou brought 15 years of management experience to her work as a mediator. Her initial management role was with the Surveys Unit of the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), then for 12 years as the CEO of the County Wexford Local Development Partnership and latterly for five years as Managing Director of Tunstall Emergency Response Ltd. She has held several directorships of private and charitable companies concerned with community, social and employment services at local and national level.
Mary Lou holds a Bachelor in Social Science degree from University College Dublin and a Masters in Social Work from the University of Pittsburgh, USA.